Saturday, October 16, 2010

Just a kid at heart

OK, as I've mentioned before and probably will several other times (since it is a pretty defining number) I'm going to be 30 in Nov. 30, it seemed so far away when I was 18 and now it's looming over me. As of right now I currently go to college part time, I work full time 5 nights a week, and I pay my own way for all my bills. I pay my Mom a small amount of rent money and the rest I make up in doing things around the house, ie: mow the yard, shovel the drive, change a lightblub, you get the idea. Finally I have to pay to keep my car in good running condition for my job and of course fill it with gas, which as we all know, ain't cheap these days. So yes, I like to think I come across as a pretty responsible adult who can take care of herself. However, as much as I am an adult, I am very much a big kid most of the time. I realized this today when I was relaxing and jamming to Rock Band 2. I had finished a song and had been dancing to it while playing and when the song stopped and the screen loaded and changed, I grabbed my can of soda to take a drink and that's when I noticed it. My wall scrolls, 3 Sailor Moons, a Final Fantasy VIII, and a Silent Hill 2 hang on my walls, with a Hello Kitty calendar. I have a huge doll and toy collection, some Sailor Moon, most video game related stuff, plus all my old and new game systems (I have too many to list here). A shelf overflowing with beanie babies, an impressive collection of Hello Kitty dolls, and of course my DVD collection, filled with a few grown up movies, such as The Wolfman for example. But for ever grown up movie, there seems to be 3 to 4 kid movies, lots of Disney animated features among them. And of course, my anime collection which is slowly, but steadily growing. Also, if you were to look at some of my t-shirts, I still dress like I'm in High School. But while some may find this disturbing, I'm actually quite happy with all of it. It's what I do, it's what I enjoy, and as long as I feel young at heart, age will never have real meaning for me. It'll just be another number, at least until I hit 40, Lol. Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Darn straight! We all grow up too fast, there's nothing with acting like a kid every now and then, and certainly nothing wrong with all the Sailor Moon stuff. :P
    It's a part of you, and although I sense a little bit of loneliness to this blog, I can definitely say that if you find the REAL right guy he's going to have to accept you and your wall scrolls and beanie babies.

    ReplyDelete