Thursday, October 14, 2010

Work Sucks on a nightly bases

My job really pisses me off sometimes, OK, most of the time (and really who has the perfect job that doesn't annoy them?). Before I criticize though, I have to admit, it does have a few perks and freedoms that a lot of jobs don't. 1st, no set hours. As long as you finish throwing papers by 7 am, they don't care when you show. 2nd, no Boss breathing down your neck. Yea, there are Managers you have to answer to or call when you have a question, but really as long as your customers are happy, they pretty much leave you to yourself. 3rd, no dress code. I've seen people work in their pj's (I once delivered my papers wearing my slippers, ha! I'm such a rebel!). 4th, how difficult can a job be when all you do is drive all night, in your own car, jamming to music, & can bring anyone along with you that's willing to go and hang out? Now all that said, here's where I get annoyed. The papers seem to keep being printed later & later, which means we get them later & later, yet we're still supposed to be done by 7 am. How in the hell do you do a 4 hour route, plus bagging time, in less than 3 some nights? 2nd, the equipment sucks! The inserter breaks down if it goes to fast and when the inserts don't go in, they get counted as papers,& thus, we carriers end up short & have to either drive back to the office or buy papers at a gas station. Yes we get reimbursed if we present a receipt, but still, the point is we shouldn't have to worry about that. 3rd, the newspaper seems to be a dying breed, going the way of the video & cassette tape. Which is why I went back to college, I don't see there being need to deliver papers in about 5 years. 4th the company that owns us, owns a whole ton of small local papers, but has decided to run them off of one press. Yea, that thing is already barely holding together as it is, how long is it going to last running 35 different newspapers a day, 5 days a week? Honestly, I could go on forever, but I'm tired as all get out and need to get some sleep. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment