Friday, October 15, 2010

My Cell Phone & Me: A Love Story

I got my 1st cell phone when I was 19 for my birthday. Talk about a primitive model by today's standards, but I loved it. Of course this was back in 1999 and for the time, it was a pretty awesome phone. It wasn't until a year later when a friend slowly brought me into the world of text messaging, which I now am a pro at and have unlimited messaging. Also I think I am the only one of my friends to still have the same number 10 years later. Of course my phone was pretty basic back then. As the years have passed, I've upgraded several times of course, each phone becoming "smarter" than the last. Well to bring you all up to speed, my current phone I got in Mar of 2009 & love it SO much! Compared to what my phones in the past did, this one was the most advanced phone I'd ever had. It's also the 1st one I ever picked out on my own. Basically any phone before this my parents or my ex-husband picked & while they did what they were intended for, they were very limited. Now what sold me on this phone after talking with the sales girl was simply the fact that it's blue, my fave color. But since then, a love affair has grown between it and me as I can now take pictures (I have a ton of my cats, ha!) access myxertones (a site for free ring tones, videos and pictures), tweet to twitter, which I'm addicted to, and just recently, mocospace, an phone chat site. My next upgrade is in Dec in which I hope to have the funds for an iPhone, which means I'll basically have a handheld computer that makes phone calls, Lol. I'll miss this one, but am excited for what I'll be able to do with my newer phone. Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment